Jakarta School & Education Guide for every development age, from preschool, primary, secondary, to some out of school extra-curricular activities that you can check out as a reference for your children’s education in Jakarta.
Early Childhood & Preschool
1. Tutor Time
International Preschool & Kindergarten under USA franchise that provides a unique blend of care and education to develop intellectual, character, and confidence of children, ages 1 to 6 years old.
Address: JI. Arteri Pondok Indah No. 1 (behind QB Plaza), South Jakarta
Phone: +6221 7279 8185, 7279 8223 (with branches in North and West Jakarta)
A one stop enrichment center for kids as young as 3 years old. It has a brain fitness gym a fun baby fit class (for 9 mo to 1.5 yo), kids club, life skills program, etc.
Age: from 9 months old
Jl. Tanjung Duren Raya No. 51A Grogol Petamburan Jakarta 11470
Phones: 6221 20508826/ 20508827
3. Leap School House Indonesia
LEAP SchoolHouse is a MOE registered enrichment school from Singapore that focuses on literacy development of children from 8 months old and up.
Age: from 2.5 to 7 years old
Gedung Graha Media, Jalan Blora no. 10 lt. 2 Jakarta 10310
Fun, learning centre specialising in developmental education for babies from six weeks old to children of five years of age.
Age: 0-5 year olds
Address: Kemang Square Lt. 3, Unit 9 – 11 Jl. Kemang Raya No 5 Jakarta Selatan 12730
Phone: +6221 7198 101
Price: Call for more info.
5. Discovery Center
Age: 2-6 years old
Address: Jl. H Abdul Majid Dalam 28 Cipete, South Jakarta
Branch: Jl. Solo No. 9, Menteng | Phone: +6221 314 5443
Phone: +62217657040, +62213106407
Kindergarten, Primary, and Secondary
1. Sinarmas World Academy (SWA)
Sinarmas World Academy (SWA) provides an international education experience from Nursery to Grade 12, that aims to achieve Academic Excellence. The school prepares each student for a lifetime of academic success through the 21st-century approaches to learning.
SWA uses an engaging Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum from the UK. The program develops students in term of physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially. Starting from Kindergarten 2 to Grade 5, SWA incorporates the Cambridge Curriculum within a framework that promotes an inquiry-based approach to learning. What’s more, it has built exclusive partnerships and exchange programmes with Peking University Elementary School and other institutions in Korea and Japan.
Students can learn in a world-class school, not only in terms of curriculum and methods but also with state of the art technology and facilities. Wireless mobile technology provides flexibility as an integral tool in learning, creativity and communicating.
Find out more about Sinarmas World Academy here https://www.swa-jkt.com/
2. Global Sevilla Schools
The school will incorporate fun and meaningful activities, an essential requirement in a positive learning environment, suitable for the children of today! Global Sevilla will also be a school that is committed to working alongside the parents of the students as well as community!
Pulo Mas – Jakarta Timur 13210
Puri Indah – Jakarta Barat 11610
3. ACG School
Kindergarten is an important opportunity for children to make a positive start to education, says ACG School Jakarta Vice-Principal Primary, Jennifer Kesler.
“It helps them build social skills, confidence, and independence and shapes a foundation of literacy and numeracy skills that provide the ideal set-up for the next stages of education,” she explains.
With a curriculum tailored to the school’s littlest learners, ACG School Jakarta kindergarten aims to spark students’ curiosity and natural sense of wonder with a play-based, inquiry-centered learning philosophy. Students’ interests are central to learning, with circle time and small learning stations the main modes of teaching.
From age three, children are exposed to the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, a gentle and age-appropriate introduction to inquiry-based learning.
Year: 3 – 5, Junior (5 to 11 years old), Senior (11-16 years old)
4. Nord Anglia School Jakarta
Nord Anglia School Jakarta is part of Nord Anglia Education, the world’s leading premium international schools organisation with over 60 schools across the globe. Our school in Jakarta delivers a dynamic British international education to Early Years and Primary students, aged 18 months – 12 years old. Our school’s welcoming atmosphere and leafy green campus provide a haven for our truly international community in the heart of Jakarta.
NAS Jakarta adopts a blended curriculum based on the English National Curriculum and the International Primary Curriculum, which focuses on high expectations, key skills and knowledge and understanding, as well as encouraging excellent attitudes to learning and metacognition. As a Nord Anglia Education school, we recruit only the best international teachers to make every day impactful for our students. Our international educators are highly experienced and qualified, and our excellent standards in learning and teaching create a curriculum that is relevant, rich and rewarding.
Our amazing students are the lifeblood of our school. They embody the ambitious aspirations of NIS as curious, creative and enthusiastic young people with an appetite for learning and thirst for knowledge. And with families from over 30 nationalities, we are proud of the rich diversity of our school community and take every opportunity to celebrate the many cultures represented here.
NAS Jakarta is a special place to learn and is focused on one main aim: to provide the best possible learning experience for all. We believe there is no limit to what our students can achieve, and our approach supports every child to succeed academically, socially and personally.
Year: Early Years (Nursery – Foundation 2) and Primary Years (Year 1-7)
Curriculum: English National Curriculum and International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
5. British School Jakarta
Year: Primary, Secondary, IB
Foundation Stage: Foundation Stage Curriculum for England
Primary: Blended offering of International Primary Curriculum and National Curriculum for England
Years 7 to 9: National Curriculum for England
Years 10 and 11: IGCSE Curriculum
Years 12 and 13: International Baccalaureate
Address: Jl. Raya Jombang-Ciledug Bintaro
Sektor 9, Pondok Aren Tangerang 15227
T: +62-21 745 1670
6. Sekolah Pelita Harapan
Sekolah Pelita Harapan provides a Christian, international education to more than 2,000 Indonesian and expatriate children from Kindergarten (age 3 years) to Grade 12 (age 17). Founded in 1993 by Yayasan Pendidikan Pelita Harapan (YPPH). The excellence of SPH International campuses is acknowledged through various International accreditations including the Council of International Schools (CIS), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). The curriculum is internationally recognized and validated through the world renowned International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). At our Kemang Village campus, the international curriculum includes Cambridge and International Baccalaureate Programs.
Jl. Pangeran Antasari No. 36, Kemang Village
Jakarta Selatan 12150, Indonesia
Phone : (62-21) 29056789
Fax : (62-21) 29056446
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Global Jaya School
Year: Primary, Secondary, High School
Curriculum: international Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Address: Emerald Boulevard Bintaro Jaya Sektor IX Tangerang 15224
Phone: (62-21) 745-7562
8. Jakarta International School
Year: Junior (6 – 10 years old), Senior (11 – 13 years old), IB/Graduating Class (14 – 17 years old)
Curriculum: North American International, International Baccalaureate
Address: Jalan Terogong Raya No. 33 Cilandak, South Jakarta 12430
Phone: +6221 769 2555
9. Ichthus School Christian School
Year: Primary, Secondary, A-Level
Curriculum: ACSI and WASC accredited Ichthus curriculum. The Secondary Curriculum is designed around the Cambridge IGCSE in Grades 9 and 10 and the Edexcel International A Levels in Grades 11 and 12.
Ichthus South Campus:
Jl. Caringin Barat No. 1 Cilandak Barat – South Jakarta
Phone : +6221 -7590 8820
Ichthus West Campus:
Jl. Surya Mandala III Blok N II No.11 Sunrise Garden – West Jakarta
Phone : +6221 – 581 2228
10. NZIS (New Zealand Independent School)
Year: Primary, Secondary
Curriculum: NZ curriculum & Cambridge
Address: Jl. Kemang Selatan I #1A, Kemang
South Jakarta, 12730
Phone: +62 21 7183222
11. Australian Independent School
Year: Primary, Secondary, High School
Curriculum: Australian National Curriculum, IB Diploma
Jl. Kemang Timur No. 81, South Jakarta 12410
Phone : +62-21 7179 2949, 719 8856
Pejaten Campus – Secondary
Jl. Pejaten Barat No. 69, South Jakarta 12410
Phone: +62-21 782 1141, 782 4024
12. Sekolah Victory Plus (SVP)
SVP is an independent co-educational, day school serving the international community of Bekasi and surrounding areas by providing a comprehensive education from Early Years to university preparation, from ages 3 to 18. Its world-class learning community offers an exceptional educational experience and builds a connected, inclusive, inspiring environment for our students, parents, alumni, faculty and staff. It is a vibrant, multicultural and caring community that fosters a deep sense of community wellbeing. As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, SVP is authorized by the IB Organisation to offer the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma programmes.
13. BINUS School Simprug
BINUS School Simprug is one of Indonesia’s finest and most innovative educational institutions. It is proud to be one of the few schools in Indonesia which offer under one roof all of the three internationally-recognized and world-renowned IB Programmes: Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). BINUS SCHOOL Simprug is steered by a Board of Management with over 35 years of experience across all education levels (early childhood to university). Its entire community (Early Years, Elementary, Middle and High School) grows together as one school in one journey towards proud and outstanding achievement.
Check out also: our full list of international schools in Jakarta
After School Classes
- Young Chefs Academy Indonesia, Phone: (021) 71794589 Gedung Kemang 15, 2nd Floor, Jl Kemang Raya No 15, Jakarta
- Koki Kecilku, Phone: +62 858 8100 1997, Jl. Kebon Sirih No. 17-19, Menteng , Jakarta Pusat
- Le Petit Chef Program at ChezLely, Phone: +62 21 750 4428, Jl. Kav Lestari I No. 100, Kompleks Lebak Lestari Indah, Jakarta
- Dapur Anak, Phone: +62 852-1744-0138 / 021 – 7916-0009, Jl. Kapten P. Tendean Kav. Polri Pondok Karya Blok B 8 South Jakarta
- Almond Zucchini, Phone: +62 21 739 9303, +62 819 0534 5888, Jl. Prapanca No.6 A, Pulo, Kebayoran Baru, Pulo, Kby. Baru, Jakarta Selatan
- Indonesia Patisserie School, Phone:+62 21 588 2806, Galeri Niaga Mediterania 1 Blok H-8G, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta Utara
- Music Temple, Phone: +62812-1860-1044, Jl. Bunga Melati no. 8, Cipete Selatan, Jakarta Selatan,
- Music Republic, Phone: (+6221) 751- 1374, Jl. RS. Fatmawati no 8, Pondok Labu, Jakarta Selatan
- Elly Lim Music Studio, Phone: (+6221)-660-2269, Blok R 8 Utara No. 41, Muara Karang, North-Jakarta
- Yamaha Music School, Phone: +6221–5202577/78, multiple locations.
- The Resonanz, Phone: (+6221) 7201918, Jl. Kertanegara No.28, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan
- Music School of Indonesia, Phone: (+6221) 7209988, Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda No.15B, Kebayoran Lama, Jakarta Selatan
- Horse Riding at Arthayasa Stable, Phone: (021) 7547024, Blok Tengki Desa Grogol Kec. Limo, Depok, Indonesia 16512
- Asian Soccer Academy, Phone: 021-227 12711, Jl. Durian No. 54b, Jagakarsa
- Hockey at BX Rink (021- 2986-4888) or the Taman Anggrek Sky Rink Skating School (021-5642888)
- Rock Climbing at Plaza Festival, Kuningan. call Panji at +62 813 1120 9767.
- RocStar Gym, multiple places
- Jakarta International Tennis Academy, Phone: (+6221) 7502913, Jl. TB Simatupang, Kavling 15, Cilandak, Jakarta Selatan
Arts & Crafts:
- Marvelous Little Maestro, Phone: 021-7197462, Jl. Kemang Dalam IX no. F27, Kemang, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Kutakkatik Art & Craft, Phone: (021) 70509109, Jl. Kartika Alam III/28, Pondok Indah Jakarta
- KidzArt Indonesia, Phone: (021) 58302588, Ruko Grand ITC Permata Hijau Diamond No. 17
Jl. Arteri Permata Hijau Jakarta 12210
- Hadiprana Art Center, Phone: 021-7182765, Jl. Kemang Raya No. 30, Kemang, Jakarta – 12730, Indonesia
- Caramelle Craft Class, email@example.com, Jl. Puri Indah Raya, Jakarta Barat
- Ganara Art Studio, Phone: +62822-1101-1050, Jl. Kemang Raya No. 8B, Bangka, Jakarta Selatan
- SIB School of Language (Bahasa), Phone: +62851 00 888 246 or +62813 8559 0009, Windsor Complex, Jl. Haji Namin 28, A1, Cipete Utara, Jakarta Selatan
- KinderHaven (English), Phone: +6221 2222 6868, Bez Plaza 3rd Floor, Jl. Raya Bolsena, Gading Serpong, Tangerang
- French Faster (French), firstname.lastname@example.org
Also check our list of Ballet schools in Jakarta for your kids.