Crowned as the “Medical Tourism Hospital of the Year in Asia-Pacific” three years consecutively in 2020, 2019 and 2018 APAC Healthcare & Medical Tourism Awards, Sunway Medical Centre (SunMed) is a regional tertiary care hospital which is strategically located in the thriving township of Sunway City, a stone’s throw away from Monash University, Sunway Lagoon, Sunway Hotel, Sunway shopping mall, providing holistic care experience for the patients.
Named as “International Hospital of the Year” by IMTJ consecutively in 2016 and 2017, SunMed serves close to half a million patients annually and more than 40,000 international patient visits from 170 countries. Established in November 1999, Sunway Medical Centre is the first hospital in Southeast Asia to receive accreditation from Australian Council on Healthcare standards (ACHS). With 26 centres of excellence, 617 beds, more than 60 specialties and more than 200 specialists, SunMed provides comprehensive range of medical and surgical solutions.
During this period of restricted travel, many hospitals have developed telemedicine/teleconsultation as means of continuing the care for their patients who could not visit their consultants. For example, Sunway Medical Centre is the first private hospital in Malaysia to launch the tele consultation and subsequently 24/7 Telemedicine Command Centre with medical officers and nurses offering advice and medical concierge services.
Pioneer in Technology Adoption – First in Malaysia and the region
- Radixact-X9 Tomotherapy – first hospital in Malaysia to install to provide real-time monitoring, ultra-precision, intelligent treatment planning and delivery to tumours
- Leksell Gamma Knife ICON – first hospital in Southeast Asia for brain tumours
- Varian TrueBeam STx – first private hospital in Malaysia to install
- 4-D PET/CT scanner – first hospital in Klang Valley to install the latest model for creating accurate tumour imaging with the least side effect.
- da Vinci®️ Si Surgical System – first private hospital in Malaysia with the 3rd generation and latest model of robotic surgery system (da Vinci) for minimally invasive surgeries
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) – first private hospital in Malaysia
- Spect-Ct scan –the first Xpect bone scan in Malaysia
Sunway Medical Centre is affiliated with University of Cambridge, Royal Papworth Hospital, Harvard Medical School and Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia to further meet the demands of medical education, training and research.
SunMed has a dedicated one-stop International Patient Centre (IPC) that takes care of the needs of international patients by proving assistance ranging from patient appointment, cost estimate, interpreters and accommodation arrangement to transport logistics and etc.
For the convenience of our international patients in Indonesia, SunMed has Representative Offices located in major cities in Indonesia; Jakarta, Surabaya, Bandung, Medan, Palembang, Padang, PekanBaru, Makassar and Semarang.
For more information, kindly contact our International Patient Centre at:
Tel: + 603 74941098
5, Jalan Lagoon Selatan, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia