With the Novel Coronavirus (nCov-2019) epidemic surrounding the world and the World Health Organisation (WHO) has increased the level to a Global Emergency, an added measure would be implemented to safeguard guests and employees of Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage Bandung.
Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage Bandung takes standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage continues to follow the latest advice and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Swiss-Belhotel International Standard of Procedure and local authorities with regards to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage has activated crisis response team and they have been informed in detail on essential preparatory and prevention measures – ranging from hygiene measures including increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency to guidelines on how to handle suspected or confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Staff Health and Safety Knowledge
- Associate Health: Medical check procedure during staff recruitment and periodic work periods. For Food & Beverage staff, regular medical checks are conducted every 6 months.
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. On a daily basis, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests. Our team should wash their hands with the right steps and we have also provided hand sanitizers in all staff areas and departments.
- Body Temperature: Screen staff for fever level using non-contact infrared thermometers or temperature gun to measure surface temperature without touching people’s skin and to avoid spreading the infection.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, the hotel team has completed enhanced COVID-19 awareness training conducted by the government.
Guest Health Safety
- Body Temperature: Screen hotel guests for fever level using non-contact infrared thermometers or temperature gun to measure surface temperature without touching people’s skin and to avoid spreading the infection.
- Hand Sanitizer: Providing hand sanitizers in areas including the hotel entrance and public spaces of Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage
- Isolation Room: Providing isolation room at the hotel with supporting facilities and providing 119 emergency line for COVID-19 Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage coordinated with Rumah Sakit Hasan Sadikin (RSHS) located around 30 minutes from the hotel.
- Guest Documents Checking: Continuous guest detail checking to know those who have a travel history from certain countries including China, South Korea, Japan, Middle East, and Italy within the last 14 days. If there’s a suspected guest with the COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness and respiratory problems), our Crisis Response Team will help the guest accordingly following the official protocol from the government.
Cleaning Product and Facilities Protocols
- Guest Rooms: Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage follow intensive cleaning and disinfecting protocols to sanitize rooms prior to the guest’s arrival and right after their departure, with particular attention paid to high-touch areas.
- Public Spaces: Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces every two hours using an international product from Diversey, Suma J512, focusing on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms, restaurant, staircase handle, tables, chairs, etc.
- Back of House: In the spaces where staff work “behind the scenes,” Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, and staff offices.
- Food & Beverage: Processed and served based on the international standard Hazard Analytical Critical Control Point (HACCP).
Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage continues to strive consistently and structured in implementing security procedures and management by following the Standard Operating Procedures to anticipate the spread of viruses. Swiss-Belresort Dago Heritage top and managerial level meet daily to stay up-to-date on the continually evolving situation.