Up and Close with Animals in Bali
As Bali is an island with endless attraction, here we will give you a complete guide to visit best animal sites in Bali, Bali Zoo and Bali Safari Marine Park. Experience some unforgettable zoo tour there as each site offers incredibly complete entertainment to its visitors.
Jl. Raya Singapadu, Sukawati, Gianyar, Bali
T. +62 361 294357
F. +62 361 298608
At the Bali Zoo, getting Zoological isn’t just about having exotic animals in eco-friendly habitats, nor is it only about allowing guest to be interactive and hands-on, feeding and riding elephants, petting deer, playing with rabbits, and getting up close and personal in holding snakes, baby crocodiles, and bear-cats, nor is it just about seeing birds shows and lions, tigers and bears up close, it’s all of these things and more.
To get Zoological at the Bali Zoo, there are many fun, interactive, programs. Here’s just a few of them :
- “Dine with the Lions” at WANA Restaurant, Lounge & Bar : Opens to the public, with no admission to the zoo required. This restaurant is next to the spacious and open Lion habitat, allowing you an interrupted panoramic view, while enjoying a fine Indonesian and western inspired menu. The perfect stop on any trip between Ubud and the South of Bali, to make a full Bali day, feel even fuller. Open daily from 10.00am to 05.00pm.
- “Take Care of an Elephant” at Mahout for a Day : This one of kind of unique experience is truly interactive as you take care of a Sumatran elephant as part your day at the zoo. It’s the only program like this available in Indonesia. Where participants will learn how to bathe and scrub an elephant, train an elephant and then learn how to drive one, taking it out for test-rides through-out the day, including a 45 minute Elephant Expedition.
Tickets: Rp 7,053,750 /Pax (Adults); Rp 7,053,750/Pax (Children 2-12 y.o).
Package includes: Hotel return transfers, Breakfast, Training as mahout, Feeding lion, Lunch, Elephant expedition, Balinese spa and Gift certificate. (pickup time : 06:30 AM)
- “Fun and Friendly” Petting Zoo : Children of all ages can stay as long as they like in our domesticated animal pen to enjoy petting and feeding our cuddly rabbits, and friendly Timor Deer, and horses.
Tickets: Rp644,300 /Pax (Adults); Rp497,250/Pax (Children 2-12 y.o)
Package includes: Zoo admission, Jungle Splash, animal encounters, exotic bird show, lunch, insurance, hotel return transfer (pickup time: 09:30 AM – 10:00 AM & 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM) *Lunch buffet will be served from 12:00 PM – 02:00 PM
- “Get Romantic” at Night at the Zoo : Begin by feeding the elephants as they are at their most playful at the end of the day. Then get to hold and take pictures with Borneo bear cats, pythons and a freshwater baby crocodile before touring the zoo, enjoying dinner under the stars and a fire show. This is the perfect fun date night for lovers of all ages, for friends or the whole family – exciting for children of all ages. Every evening from 06.00pm to 09:30pm.
- “Jungle Ride from Above” at Elephant Rides : Enjoy the view of the tropics and exotic plant collections atop one of the biggest land animals in the world as your ride along Bali’s best elephant trail and visit one of the oldest Balinese temples.
Tickets: Rp964,750 /Pax (Adults); Rp701,250/Pax (Children 2-12 y.o)
Package includes: Zoo admission, 30 minutes elephant ride, Jungle Splash, animal encounters, exotic bird show, insurance.
Open daily: 09:00am to 06:00pm
Night Zoo: 06:00pm to 09:30pm
Bali Safari & Marine Park
Jl. By Pass Prof. Ida Bagus Mantra Km 19,8, Gianyar, Bali
T. +62361 950 000
Enjoy the best safari experience in Bali, home of hundreds of amazing animals representing over 100 species, including some rare and endangered species such as Komodo dragon, Orang Utan and the Bali Mynah bird. Bali Safari & Marine Park is at the front line of wildlife conservation in Indonesia and is actively involved in ensuring the future survival and well-being of many Indonesian animal species through engaging education and conservation programs such as the conservation and release of Bali Mynah, Sumatran Elephant, and Sumatran Tiger.
While you can be part of the conservation of Indonesian animals, here are some fun activities you can ecperience:
- Jungle Hopper : Enjoy your safari tour with Safari Tram provided here where you can experience of getting closer to the animals. The tour is visiting 5 areas, Birds Area, Leopard Area, Ranthambore Area, Komodi Island Area and Petting Zoo Area. The combination of Balinese culture that is strong and wild, creating an impression that will not be forgotten.
Package includes: Safari Journey (1x), Fresh Water Aquarium, Animal Show, Harimau Show, Elephant Show, Bali Agung Show (Silver Seat), Waterpark, Afternoon Tea at Uma Restaurant.
- Breakfast with Lion : Tsavo Lion invites you to have a closer encounter with real wildlife. Through the full-length glass panels surrounding the restaurant, you will see a pride of lions while enjoying delectable cuisine.
Package includes: Breakfast at Tsavo Lion Restaurant (8.30am – 10am), Animal Encounter, Animal Show, Tiger Show, Elephant Show, Safari Journey (1x).
- Night Safari : Filled your holiday in Bali with something different by experiencing the Night Safari package at Bali Safari & Marine Park. Not only you can enjoy the safari walking, but also BBQ dinner and watching amazing local fire show.
Package includes: Welcome Drink, Walking Safari, Night Safari Journey (1x), BBQ Dinner at Nkuchiro Restaurant, Afrika! Rhythm of Fire Show, Natural Wildlife Encounter, valid until 6pm.
Open daily : 9am – 5pm
Other than having tour in zoo or safari park, you can also get close to animals in Bali by visiting these gorgeous animal park and other sites. They are:
1. Bali Bird Park
Jl. Serma Cok Ngurah Gambir, Singapadu, Batubulan, Sukawati, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80582
9 AM – 5.30 PM
Bali Bird Park is divided into regions that recreate the natural habitats of its birds, complete with indigenous plant life. Here you’re able to experience magical journey across the Indonesian archipelago, Latin America, Africa and Australia. When it’s time for a break, stop off at its casual open-air restaurant (named after the beautiful Bali Starling) and enjoy local and international dishes. Or, stop at its Rainforest Café for a refreshing tropical juice or a cooling homemade ice cream. If you are looking for a different visual experience, visit its 4D air-conditioned cinema. Watch one of the surround-sound films centered around birds on show here.
2. Ubud Monkey Forest
Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali
8.30 AM – 6 PM
Ubud Monkey Forest or also knows as The Sacred Monkey Forest of Padangtegal has historically strived to develop and implement management objectives. The place will both maintain the sacred integrity of the monkey forest and promote the monkey forest as a sacred site that is open to visitors from around the world. The primary objectives here other than interact with the monkeys are education about the importance of conserving the Sacred Monkey Forest’s natural and cultural resources. If you want to interact or feed the monkey, better to do it carefully.
If you are giving bananas or food to the monkey and they approached to take it, do not ever try to pull it back. To maintain the monkey’s health, please do not feed the monkeys by peanuts, biscuits, bread, or any other human snacks. In order to conserve the monkeys and forests, we engage you to keep the forests, wildlife, and the environment in good manner. This forest area is also sanctified by the local people community. There are some parts of the area that prohibited for the public to see or visit. For example, the sacred area or temple. The temple area is only accessible for whom willing to pray and wear proper Balinese praying dress.
3. Kemenuh Butterfly Park
Jl. Raya Kemenuh, Kemenuh, Sukawati, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali
8 AM – 5 PM
Kemenuh Butterfly Park is a butterfly site where you can enjoy the unique pleasure of watching the most beautiful, brightly colored butterflies in an exotic landscape of tropical blossom. Kemenuh Butterfly Park also has a great mission to protect this remarkable creature as the real action of nature conservation. There are three aspects can be discovered in this spot, they are conservation, education and attraction. Inside, there are more than 500 species of butterfly placed with expansive and pretty flower garden. While touring and seeing closely to the butterfly, you can also stop to its market or waterfall.
4. Bali Dolphins
Jl. Gunung Soputan, Banjar Pandang Sumbu Kaja, Gg. Padang Satria No.1, Denpasar, Bali
5 AM – 9 PM
For its dolphin interaction program, you will be given 35 minutes (1 session) in specially designed dolphin enclosure in Ocean. The dolphins will amaze you with their intelligence, physical ability and the softness, where you’ll have the chance to experience the thrill of up-close and personal contact through hugging, petting, kissing and playing with a dolphin. At each session the guests divided into 4 groups with each group a maximum of 6/7 persons, so you don’t need to worry that you couldn’t touch dolphin because of crowd.